College planning can be an anxious and overwhelming process for parents, and the consequences of poor planning can leave children saddled with debt.
Parents are asking…
- How am I going to afford sending my child to college?
- Will my child qualify for financial aid?
- What are the different kinds of aid available?
- Will I actually have to pay the sticker price?
- What's the best way to find the schools that offer the most aid?
- What websites and tools exist to help me?
- How do I determine if a school is worth the cost?
At this workshop, attendees will learn...
- The 6 ways you can reduce college costs.
- How to use a college's Net Price Calculator to find out what that college will actually cost.
- The 5 sources of financial aid and which ones you should prioritize.
- The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number—how to find yours, and why it's integral to the financial aid process.
- How grants and scholarships actually get awarded, and which ones are worth going after.
- The difference between government and private loans and how to choose the best ones.
- How to find a college's graduation rate and why it's crucial.
- The truth about athletic scholarships and why they aren't always as desirable as commonly believed.
Date and Time
Wed, Oct 13, 2021
6:00p - 7:30p EST